Picture Perfect Roast Turkey
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 7073
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 792g
Saturated Fat 342g
Trans Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 154g
Monounsaturated Fat 189g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 20 pound turkey
- Cheesecloth with four layers cut into a square large enough to cover the turkey
- 3 to 4 Sticks butter
- 1 Bottle red or white wine
- 1 Brining Bag or Pot large enough to fit a turkey
- 1 Cup Sea salt per gallon of water
- 24 hours before serving, put turkey in a large bag or pot and cover with water. Add 1 cup sea salt per gallon of water necessary to cover turkey, seal bag or cover pot, and put in refrigerator overnight.
- On serving day, remove the turkey from the bag/pot. Drain liquid and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Rub butter all over the turkey.
- Melt 2 sticks butter and add about 2 cups of the wine to the butter. Place the cheesecloth into this mixture to soak up the mixture. Then place the cheesecloth over the turkey. Melt more butter and add wine as needed for basting. Ratio of wine to butter does not have to be exact.
- Stuff turkey with prepared stuffing (see Mary's Stuffing recipe)
- Tuck in the turkey's wings and neck and tie the legs together. Place turkey, breast side up in a roasting pan with a roasting rack and place on the lowest oven rack. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn temperature to 375° and continue cooking turkey for about 2 ½ to 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Remove cheesecloth and cook another hour or until the turkey's pop up timer pops up. Poultry is cooked through at 185°.
Could I Have That Recipe? https://couldihavethatrecipe.com/