A great filler for the classic French Crepes, this recipe can also be used for beef or fish.
Chicken and Duxelles Crepes
Write a review
- 1/2 pounds mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- pinch of nutmeg and thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1/2 cup plus 6 Tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- 2 egg
- 8 crepes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook mushrooms and onions in butter for one minute, stirring occasionally. Add tarragon, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper and continue cooking until vegetables are very tender and all excess moisture has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add cooked chicken, 6 tablespoons heavy cream, and egg yolk.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared crepes. Roll up and arrange side by side in a shallow baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream. Cover (with parchment or wax paper) and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until hot. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Could I Have That Recipe? https://couldihavethatrecipe.com/