This is not really old fashioned. It’s just pudding, but no one seems to be making it these days, so I called it old fashioned. It’s infinitely better than packaged pudding.
Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 619
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 71g
Saturated Fat 42g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrates 207g
Dietary Fiber 10g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 egg yolks (or one whole egg)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. In a saucepan (a pan with a rounded bottom if you have it), combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook a few minutes longer.
- 2. Slowly pour some of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture to temper it (so the eggs won't scramble).
- 3. Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla
Could I Have That Recipe? http://couldihavethatrecipe.com/