I was on my way to a Memorial Day picnic and started throwing things together and lo and behold: the best salad I have ever created! Here it is.
Better than Dessert Salad
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1469
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 166g
Saturated Fat 23g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 18g
Monounsaturated Fat 120g
Total Carbohydrates 130g
Dietary Fiber 24g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons green onions (or shallots)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- Butter Lettuce
- Red, Orange and Yellow Bell Peppers, sliced
- Broccoli, cut into ½" pieces
- Carrots, sliced
- Green beans
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Black pitted olives
- Mango or other fruit in season
- Pistachio Squares by 180° Snacks, crunched up
- Pecans or other nuts, chopped
- Sunflower & Pumpkin seeds
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add oil in a slow stream while whisking to emulsify. Add the green onions or shallots and garlic. Mix dressing into the salad until well covered and serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Add vegetables, nuts, and seeds in proportion to your taste.
- One of the secrets of a great salad is the temperature. It tastes better when it's cold and crisp and when the dressing's already blended into the ingredients.
Could I Have That Recipe? http://couldihavethatrecipe.com/